There are multiple online options to acquire the title of certified public accountant. After taking a CPA exam and accumulating the necessary work experience for certification, you can take care of finances, budgeting, and accounting for companies.
A CPA, Certified Public Accountant, is responsible for the management and interpretation of the accounts of a company, organization or person, in addition to the preparation and analysis of financial documents and budget creation. It is the responsibility of the CPA, that the financial decisions made by management is correct.
Among other functions, the jobs of a Certified Public Accountant include:
- Opening of accounting books.
- Establishment of accounting system.
- Studies of financial statements and their analysis.
- Certification of forms for payment of taxes.
- Application of benefits and dividend reports.
- The preparation of financial reports for decision making.
In certain countries, a university degree is not enough to practice the profession. You must also enroll in a Professional College, Professional Council, Central Board of Accountants or similar body. The function of these bodies is to make sure that professional accountants comply with technical and ethical procedures in the discharge of their duties. In some cases, a knowledge update is periodically required.
Those interested in obtaining CPA certification must have a bachelor’s degree, complete 150 semester hours of study, pass a national exam and accumulate a certain amount of experience as an accountant.
The growing innovations of the online world have allowed the consolidation of online learning as a quality option to deepen knowledge. There are multiple online programs that give students the possibility to obtain the necessary knowledge to prepare different exams for undergraduate degrees. To become a CPA, follow the steps below:
- Find a list of accredited schools for the instruction of CPA courses. In the event that you do not yet have the degree necessary to access the certification, you can find out which universities offer online accounting courses.
- Once you choose a university where to take the program, complete the credits necessary to take the national CPA exam.
- Look for information about the work experience requirements necessary to take the exam. Maybe you need to have been supervised by a licensed CPA or you even have to present a portfolio that reflects your accounting skills.
- You can obtain information about the test, its content and the skills analyzed on the website of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
- The CPA exam consists of four parts that you must pass within 18 months of when you begin answering the questions from at least one section:
With these tips, you will find it easy to navigate your way to becoming an internationally recognized Certified Public Accountant.